Search This Blog

Friday, July 6, 2012

Figs

What do you do when a generous friend hands you 6lbs of figs just picked from the giant tree in their back yard? 
So far 3 types of Fig Jam
"Plain Jane" with a  bit of lemon. "Hot" Chocolate using some Thai chili peppers from M's patio garden and a bit of the stashed Belgium dark chocolate from the cupboard and the third is "Balsamic Orange".
As soon as I pick up a few ingredients from the store next in line are 2 Chutney recipes. I am in Fig Heaven. 
I've also been making my own Quark. It's similar to the yogurt I make but a few different steps. You normally can't buy it in the USA but it is popular in Europe. 
A slice of fresh sourdough bread from the Easy Tiger bakery on 6th and Ta Da!
http://www.easytigeraustin.com/

I'm rehab-ing a torn meniscus in the left knee and a bruised nerve in the right foot. The nerve is the real zinger. If any of you ever had a nerve issue you know what I mean!
I'm loving TRX at the gym, spin classes, yoga and occasionally a light run-walk. I'm also loving summer food (trying to use the oven as little as possible) 


Lunch on the patio



A few weeks ago at Easy Tiger Bakery. Michael and I comparing hair



 Figs and Jam (with quark and sourdough) 
I'm using the quark recipe found on KCRW good food blog and the Jams adapted from Epicurious.com





No comments:

Post a Comment