Search This Blog

Sunday, July 15, 2012

the hair the hair the hair

I  thought I would have had so many more styles by now. It grows so excruciatingly slow. The very front is finally filling in with all those little baby fine hairs that don't really grow but stick to your skull and the side of your face.


Tigi Bed Head Manipulator, 2 Ounce It's starting to hit the "break point" in the curl like it did a few weeks ago when I had it trimmed. I bought another product; Bed Head "manipulator" blue Hair Gunk. It is a bit more relaxed than the DiFi paste but overall I think I prefer the DiFi. 





Here's a photo from a day I wore the blue gunk. The gray really shows in this picture and you can see the hair looks a bit fluffier, not as slicked back.  
I do  like how easy it is to wash and wear and lots of people tell me that it suits me but I am still a bit shocked every time I catch myself in a mirror. I keep expecting to see this:
(only 11 months ago)  Realistically having hair this long again is  another 2 years down the road. I tried on my wig last night. I thought maybe it could be an option. To wear it on occasion. It looked so fake I couldn't stand it.  I've packed away most of the hats and scarves but I think  I might get  more wear out of them when it turns cool  and as it continues to go through all the icky phases of growing I might find a way to use them as good camouflage so I haven't donated them yet. 
I'm having a case of hair envy. I'm sure it will pass shortly. 
Read any good books lately? Last month I started a few and put them down unfinished. Normally I would keep plodding through and keep waiting for it to  grab me but not so much lately. I finished  Open  The Andre Agassi Autobiography and I really liked it but I'm finding the Steve Jobs memoir slow going. I've been working on that one for a few weeks now. It sits in my car and I occasionally read a few pages when I am stuck waiting somewhere. 
I am reading and re-reading (and loving) When Things Fall Apart; Pema Chodron. This little book is  stuffed full of Buddhist wisdom, I would like to buy a zillion  copies and hand them out to everyone I meet.

Showing off my bangs and a little length up top  


 Rockin' the Foux Hawk
 At the end of the day you can focus on the things that break you apart or focus on the things that hold you together.  
no I don't know why some of my text is highlighted. I went back to edit but it does not appear highlighted on this screen that I write on at all. I'm lacking some computer skills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment