Search This Blog

Thursday, November 24, 2011

11-24 Turkeys and Vodka

Here's a photo of me at 8:30am prepping my side dishes for later today. I'm only making sweet potatoes and pear crisp but knowing that the oven will be on I am also throwing together a  spinach quiche and some zucchini gratin for myself. I never learned how to cook "just one thing". Partly from my frugal Pennsylvania Dutch upbringing and partly from my restaurant  background. However I do find cooking very therapeutic and don't mind the clean-up either. 
Back to the bottle of vodka on the counter. I found this pie crust recipe all over the net a few years ago. Here's a link to one of my favorite food bloggers...she gives you tons of detailed photos.  I've used this crust recipe many times with great results. Even with wheat flour. 
http://smittenkitchen.com/2007/11/pie-crust-101/

The camera is on top of the fridge for this angle. 
The other night I was in the grocery store after yoga and passed by a cart where a little girl was sitting and I heard her say "pirate". I thought she was looking at a box of cereal but then I noticed she was pointing to me. (I had come from yoga and had on the pink bandanna I'm wearing here).


Second photo here courtesy of my friend Saira who made these too-cute cupcakes for her daughter's class. 
Hoping all of you have time for family and friends today.

No comments:

Post a Comment