Search This Blog

Wednesday, November 30, 2011

11-30 First Tat

I got my first ink yesterday. They are called radiation tattoos and they are used to position the beam. Three tiny little pin pricks in deep blue. 
The red is magic marker just to help them get me aligned. 
I met the Radiation  Dr and got the details on the procedure and scheduling. Lots of information, I will share with you all as I go along. They agreed to a reprieve for the month of December and I start in January. As for trying to bargain with him to get less than 6 weeks; that was a no-go. He says it is "all or nothing". 


Meantime the port-a-cath can come out and I've scheduled  the removal with the surgeon who put it there. (Merry Christmas to myself)
If you don't know what it is here is the link http://www.bardaccess.com/port-powerport.php
It is implanted under my skin near the collar bone on my left side.  



No comments:

Post a Comment