Search This Blog

Sunday, February 26, 2012

2-26 brewing kombucha and finding balance

Like $4.00 latte's, Kombucha  has not been in my budget lately. A few years ago I  toyed with the idea of brewing my own but didn't have a source for the starter. Now  there are many people  brewing, sharing their starters (or selling them) and posting all the info on blogs and youtube videos. 
 Thanksgiving weekend I began to grow my own starter from a purchased bottle. I'm now on my 5th  batch of tea. (starter took 3 weeks and each batch 2 weeks +/-). For a few hours of my time and less than $1.00 I yield a gallon of good-for-you kombucha tea. 
If you are unfamiliar with Kombucha here is a nice link that gives you information and history about the tea.
http://www.seedsofhealth.co.uk/fermenting/kombucha.shtml
The yoga lesson of the weekend; balance. Some people grimace when they hear a balance pose called out. I smile. I love the sense or fun and playfulness I find in these poses. You fall out and you get back in it. There's a fine line between concentrating too much and letting go and floating. 
Taking these photos  a few minutes ago was especially fun, I'm not warmed up, I am standing on carpet and using the ten second timer button on the camera! Nice challenge. 


No comments:

Post a Comment