Search This Blog

Saturday, April 7, 2012

4-7 Back to the natural deoderant topic

It's been a week, oops. Thought I had posted about my hair cut but maybe not. Last Saturday I had it lightly "shaped".  She did use a pair of scissors and it did take 20 minutes so I'm going to count that as a first cut! Now I  understand why men can have so little and be so picky about it. 
I'll add a photo later.




 I've mentioned before about  switching to all natural deodorant. Taking it one step further I made my own. Like the other around-the-house green recipes I've been experimenting with, it uses common ingredients and costs only a few cents. 
This time I made 1/2 the recipe so I can test it out before committing.   I put some on this morning before going for a run but because it's already 80* here at 8:00am I was soaked in sweat by the time I was done and couldn't tell  if it made a difference. The recipe says to store it in the fridge and I do like the idea of keeping it chilly! 
This recipe   is posted on the Livestrong  website http://www.livestrong.com/
1/4C baking soda
1/4 C cornstarch
5 TBS coconut oil
A few drops of essential oil, your choice of scent
mix it all in a bowl to form a paste. Store in a glass jar in the fridge. As needed use a quarter size amount, massaging it into your skin with fingertips!


Bonus: Google common uses for coconut oil and it won't be hard to justify spending  $10.00 on a 12 ounce jar. 



No comments:

Post a Comment