Search This Blog

Friday, September 2, 2011

9-2 Random Acts of Kindness

Writing this after treatment Thursday 


Today  I tried to "bargain" with the Dr. to get less than 6 treatments and I got shot down. Then I acted like a five year old and got upset. 
Ironically they all tell me: "you are tolerating the chemo very well". Like that's some kind of consolation. The pity party lasted about two hours, the drip lasted for five. 

oh, the random kindness. The infusion room was crowded. I guess they were working on one section so instead of spreading us out we were all squished in the first 3 rows of chairs and every chair was taken. If you go regularly the same day for treatment you get to know the people that sit next to you. Today there was a patient celebrating her last treatment and then she went around to her seatmates to visit and gave them each a gift. I didn't know her but she stopped by my chair and introduced herself and asked if she could add me to her prayer list and  she left me a pretty little pink package. So unexpected and so nice and check out my new pink bling!
later at home my neighbor surprised me with a goodie bag. Thanks D. 



Friday morning; Rough night, low grade fever and chills for a few hours. Slow start today. Headed in to work hoping I can get through a few hours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment