Search This Blog

Friday, September 23, 2011

9-23 Round #4 (ding..ding..ding...)

Chemo round #4 and my biggest dilemma of the day is what to wear. Chemo protocol says you should wear a button down top. (Yep, it's in the booklet!) I do have a few button down tops but I prefer soft cotton things against my skin instead of ironed fabrics. They need clear access to the port so I have been wearing a tank or camisole under a shirt. Then you are in a big  recliner for  4-5 hours and scooching around a lot so yoga pants are a nice alternative  to  jeans. I also never know if I will be hot or cold. I used to be a very predictable chilly  when everyone else was warm but lately I've been getting random warm flushes (prelude to hot flashes?) 

I'm bouncing around the house in this tank top but I have another 45 minutes before I have
to leave and I know I will change (at least once).

I've noticed some women in the chemo room come dressed up and coordinated and I'm reminded of "exam" days back in college. My strategy was to dress up for exams when everyone else would roll into class looking like they crawled right out of bed and were still in their PJ's. Psychological advantage? 
And that brings me to this....Well, you know what they say, dress for the job you want, not for the job youhave.



No comments:

Post a Comment