Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

1-24 Rambling

Not so many photos lately. I've been lazy with my head wear. 
The little bit of hair I have grown makes all the difference in my head not being so cold. I don't have to wear a cap to bed anymore and during the day at the office when I get warm I take off whatever head gear I am wearing and go natural. I keep a cap or scarf in the car and usually something in my purse but like I've mentioned before Austin is so hip that walking around bald is really no big deal.
I'm half way done with radiation boosts. I thought the larger  skin area getting a break would be nice but I've had more reactions. Lots of burning and prickly feelings and itching mostly along the collar bone and under the arm. At night when I am sleeping if my arm touches my side it's like getting a bee sting and I wake up. It reminds me a bit of how tender it was after surgery when I went around with the little pillow tucked under my arm to keep it from touching. 
Dr Neusch prescribed "soaks" 2-3 times a day I use this stuff called Domeboro  soaked in a washcloth and applied to the skin for 10minutes. Followed by an application of Silver Sulfadiazine Cream. He said he will probably give me a long weekend of no treatment Friday and Monday to give things a rest. 
So today was the first time I went bra-less to work. I camouflaged well with a short sweater that gathers near the chest with a big pin/flower thing. The girls at the office said they never would have known! Maybe tomorrow I will use a strategically placed scarf. 
I'm wondering how many shirts might  be ruined with all the creams and potions I am using. 
On the other side I kept feeling a poky thing where the port came out and had the Dr. take a look. A tiny stitch was sticking thru the skin. He yanked on that and clipped it short so it would retract under the skin. 
I'm reading The Hunger Games trilogy. Almost through the last one. I love a good Sci Fi.





No comments:

Post a Comment