Search This Blog

Sunday, January 29, 2012

1-29 lashes and burns update

I did not get a long weekend break from radiation. Dr. Neusch says my skin did well with the soaks. The funniest part of the week was hanging out in the bathroom at work for ten minutes every morning with a wash cloth draped over me. The older (brown) burns are healing and peeling. The new round "boost burn" is red. The stickers with magic marker X are radiation tags they use to line up  the laser beam. I am not allowed to peel them.  The dent in my armpit and pulling together of skin from the stitches is some of what my physical therapist works on so I can have full range of motion with my arm. She also kneads the ball of scar tissue under the skin that you can't see. I still get little twinges when I reach to the back of the cupboard for something or occasionally when I vacuum.(that's my excuse for not doing it so often)  


almost time to buy some hair  gel and play. Or maybe those little flowers things people stick on baby's heads so you can tell it is a girl. 

My brows are filling in and I've had to tweeze. Look at all the little lashes. They appeared just this week. On my left eye below you can really see the difference between the 3 old ones that hung on to the top lid and the itsy new ones popping out. 

And here I am all put together. The 8lbs of chemo pudge that I had gained  are gone and my skinny jeans fit again. This morning I went with my neighbor to Town Lake for the 4mi loop walk/run.
Getting back to a new normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment