Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Aug 9, Cancer Goodie Bags

 Back in May, three days after my diagnosis I was at ARA for a full day's schedule: Bone Scan, CT Scan and an MRI. I’ve never even had an x-ray so I had prepared for a long strange day.  A volunteer was circling around the waiting room helping people fill out their paperwork and answering questions. She asked if I had been recently diagnosed and what kind of Cancer. When I told her she gave me a pink and black BCRC tote bag full of stuff. I immediately texted about 5 friends with “OMG They gave me a cancer goodie bag!”  They all texted back “what did you get?”

At the time I found it terribly funny in a black humor sort of way. I mean really, a goodie bag when you’ve just found out you have cancer? 
Yesterday at the LGFB class I scored a big bag of make-up and lots of tips like how to draw your eyebrows after your real ones fall out. I still find the humor. I mean really; these super thick eyebrows that I have tweezed, bleached and waxed for over 20 years are going to fall out and I’ll have to draw on new ones with a pencil!? 

Today's scarf is a 34" square polyester blend in olive green colors (matches my slacks) And I am wearing some make-up!


ps. I haven't plucked in a few days now.....

No comments:

Post a Comment