Search This Blog

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

August 2-2011

Welcome everyone and thanks for checking in. 
Blog day #1


Twelve days post Chemo. 
The hair has started to shed right on schedule. Last night during yoga practice I was wearing a pony tail. When we did bridge pose and the back of my head rubbed against the mat I felt some easily pull out. This morning when I ran my hands through it I felt a little give  but later this afternoon  I was easily getting 10-20 pieces each time. As I sit here writing I am compulsively pulling at it and I've grown an impressive little  pile-o-hair on the desk next to me. 


It's not too freaky. As part of my hypothyroidism I am used to having lots of  strays  when  I style it in the morning. My hair is (was) so thick I used to pay  to have it thinned at the stylist!
PS. It doesn't hurt


 8-1-2011  7:00 A.M





1 comment:

  1. You are very brave sis. I freaked out when my hair started thinning when I was on avonex for the ms. (Avonex is a drug also used to treat leukemia). Way ahead of me on the journey!

    ReplyDelete