Search This Blog

Thursday, December 8, 2011

12-8 Charity

I haven't done much charity work since moving back to the USA last summer but I always try to sponsor a family at Christmas. My family is not big on gift giving (I'll post that tomorrow). And aside from my Son I don't really have to shop for anyone. 
Sponsoring a family with young children allows me to shop, choose gifts, wrap them and deliver them and I can be a part of the holiday madness for an afternoon or so. 
The Charity I go to is the Christmas Bureau Austin. I've donated there for years. They got a really late start this year opening just this week. If you are looking for a good cause please consider helping. You don't even have to shop. You could donate a day of your time to help sort, wrap and deliver gifts.  
http://www.cbofaustin.org/



No comments:

Post a Comment