Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 1, 2012

5-1 Scar work

May already?Time to review my 2012 list and see how it's going. 
PT today. I've been going now once a week for 8 months (with a few breaks). She can get into the scar tissue better than I can and I know I'm hesitant to squeeze as hard as she does (because it hurts and its hard to intentionally hurt yourself!). 
My PT is using kinesiology tape on the port scar and also massaging the heck out of it.  I was randomly feeling nasty little bee sting sensations all through the day but now it's decreased. 
The scar from the lumpectomy is barely noticeable but she is still working on the ball of scar tissue under the skin. She's starting doing acupuncture right into it and I can tell you scar tissue has more sensation that regular skin. And therein lies the problem. The scar tissue clumps up and acts like a road block  preventing your nerves from freely zipping around under your skin. 

 I had no idea it would take so much time and work and I don't think it ever gets back to normal or healed. I think you just get to a point where it affects you less. Or more likely you find that you have maxed your insurance for PT visits (I know I'm close). 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment