Search This Blog

Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers Day

It does look longer from this angle! Someone asked me yesterday if my hair had always been this dark. I'm seeing more and more gray but all they noticed was the black. 

 Happy Mother's Day. I hope you are all taking the time to do something for yourself.  I went to yoga and then spent a few hours moving and re-potting some plants inside and out. It is only 81* today, a nice cool change for us and a chance to be outside without being miserable. Tonight I'm headed to Shakespeare in the Park at Zilker with Michael and Sydney and some of her family. 
My neighbor surprised me this morning with a beautiful bouquet, enough to fill two vases so I can take one to work tomorrow. 

This week is a Dr. free zone! I'll be at yoga or the gym every day still doing all of the stretches and trying to keep the joints in motion. The "joint pain" side effect of the Femara (drug) is awful.  I feel very creaky. It is snap, crackle and pop, swollen feet and hands and legs that don't want to stand. At work I remind myself to get up from my chair and walk around a few times a day. I'm allowed to take as much ibuprofen as I want but the idea of taking a med to combat the SE of a med is so irritating. I used to like the nice slow burn of a sore feeling the day after a good workout. It made you know that you accomplished something. Now I have the slow burn and jabby creaky pains but I can't tell if any of it is from my workouts and maybe resulting in much needed new muscle tone and  strength or is it just the SE? 
I'm doing some more digging and trying to figure what percentile I am in for re-occurrence since that is  what the drug is for. I didn't take a drug for the first 47 years of my life to prevent cancer so why should I take one now to stop it from happening again? Cancer is a big $$$$ game with lots of inside politics. I'm working through the information I have to figure out where I stand on some of the issues. 
I realize I veered from nice Mother's Day talk to medical crap. Sorry for that. I'l wrap it up with a yogic thought. Take the time to nourish yourself. To recharge your batteries and fill the lantern of your self with fuel so that you might shine brighter. Others are attracted to the light and when you are feeling well and rested and full it is easier for you to reach outs to share, to nourish and to assist others. (and to be a Mom).





No comments:

Post a Comment