Search This Blog

Thursday, May 31, 2012

Patient=what you have to be at the Dr Office

Yesterday's visit 2:50 appointment time I checked in at 2:45 and overheard the person in front of me checking in for the same Dr. When I got to the desk I asked if the Dr. was running behind and was told No, your apt will be on time. 45 minutes later.....Did the girl at the desk think I couldn't tell time?
I have been to that office so much this past year each visit is an eerie deja vu. 
Today's Dr visit 3:00pm I was checked in and back in the room in 5 minutes but the Dr. didn't get to me for another hour. The nurse got me prepped and we talked for a few minutes then she left. I was getting antsy and I had a book and a magazine and even my ipod but I was already laid out face down on the table and it was jacked up a few feet in the air. I found out how high when I did finally decide to get up and move around! At some point a  nurse did pop in to tell me there was a small emergency; something that's pretty rare at the Dermatologists office! Someone was bitten by  scorpions and had a shock/reaction and my Dr.  got pulled to help out. 
Finally they got me shot full of numbing meds and the Dr showed up to cut and stitch. Did you know that the skin on your back is some of the thickest on your body? I got 4 layers of stitches!! I'm guessing about 20 or so under the skin (he didn't count) and another  10 on top that you can see.     

 I loved the chart on the wall showing the tension lines of skin. I remember my Surgeon last year fussing over where he would cut and he used a magic marker to draw the actual lines on my body and show me. Same thing today. 

.

No photos of the handiwork, I'll save that for tomorrow. 



No comments:

Post a Comment