Search This Blog

Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Wednesday Hair chat





 It took this girl 2 years to go from no hair to short hair. Yikes!
I've been reading a bit more about the hair. Some people even loose the hair again a few months after it grows back. crappy Chemo shit roaming around your body and stuck in your cells. Sux!
Lots of women choose to dye their hair but everyone says to wait a few months to see what you have to work with first and there are some horror stories posted of dying blond and getting something like green or orange. (again blamed on the rogue chemo messing with you) 
Then there are the Wives Tales and Fantastic Products the internet promises will give you rapid growth. Wash and rinse with Apple Cider Vinegar anyone? I may try that one,  I am a huge fan of vinegar. Try Googling "20 uses for vinegar" sometime and you will get amazing lists of things. 
I did finally buy a big hand held mirror so I can see the back of my head. Can you believe I've never owned one? A few months ago I caught a glimpse of the back of my head and saw a large blotchy strawberry mark at the base of the skull near the neck. At a Dr. visit I pointed it out and wanted to know how I got it. (I was blaming it on the meds because I was having other skin reactions at the time) P.A.  Sarah assured me it was totally normal and lots of people have this. It's known in the biz as a "stork mark"(where the bird had a hold of you I guess?) I know you are all running to the mirror now or asking your partner to look at the back of your skull to see if you have it too! 

No comments:

Post a Comment